This week I went to an AISD school board meeting. I was sitting there waiting for the meeting to start and all the sudden a women walks in and sits in the superintendent's chair. PLOT TWIST. And she was sassy, in a good way.
Anyways, this meeting was so interesting. There was a lot of talk about trying to revamp the lower performing schools. There were a lot of people who were respectively angry with the school board. But the most disconcerting thing is that it didn't feel like the voices of the community were actually being heard. During the public hearing and the citizens comments, the school board seemed largely disinterested in what the people were saying.
Another thing I noticed was that it was kind of confusing to get to the meeting. The meeting was downtown in the AISD office buildings. There website did not give good directions. It was almost as if they don't really want people to come to the meeting. (Something we talked about in class before).
All in all, I highly suggest going to AISD school board meetings, it was about an hour all said and done and was very enlightening for those who care about the schools in our communities.
Observation: I read an article that stated 5 companies cut 50,000 jobs this last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment